Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are thinking of buying a gift voucher or have bought one already, we have outlined answers to questions that are sometimes asked.
1. Which delivery option should I choose for Gift Vouchers?
The following mailing options are available:
- Email (free of charge) .
An automatic email with a gift voucher link will be sent as soon as the transaction is completed. This can be sent to either the purchaser or the recipient.
Important: This is a system generated email and therefore may go to the email recipient's junk or spam email folder. Please also take care when entering email address that it is correct. If an email delivery fails Shangri-La Hotels will attempt to contact you to advise that the email has been returned to Shangri-La Hotels 'undelivered' and will try to get another email address.
2. How do I open my gift voucher link?
- The link should open when you left click on it, however you may need to copy and paste the link.
- Copy the gift voucher link text by left clicking on the line(s) of text (highlighting the whole line), then right click and select 'Copy'.
- Open your internet browser and paste the gift voucher link into your address bar by right clicking and select 'Paste'.
- You will now be asked to enter your email address to verify that you are the recipient.
- You should enter the email address exactly as it was entered at the buying stage. If the email address is not entered identically as it was when the item was purchased it will not let you open the gift voucher page.
- Once the correct email address has been entered, your gift voucher should now appear on your screen.
- Print the gift voucher
3. I have received an email with a link to my receipt but cannot open the link, how do I open my receipt link?
- The link should open when you left click on it, however you may need to copy and paste the link:
- Copy the receipt link text by left clicking on the line(s) of text (highlighting the whole line), then right click and select 'Copy'.
- Open your internet browser and paste the receipt link into your address bar by right clicking and select 'Paste'.
- You will now be asked to enter your email address to verify that you are the buyer of the gift voucher. You should enter your email address exactly as it was entered at the buying stage. If the email address is not entered identically as it was when the item was purchased it will not let you open the receipt page.
- Once the correct email address has been entered, your receipt should now appear on your screen.
- Print the receipt.
4. How do I cancel a gift voucher purchase?
- You can cancel your order at any point by selecting the 'Cancel Order' button however if you have completed the transaction and realise that you've made a mistake or purchased a gift voucher(s) that you no longer want Shangri-La Hotels will be happy to refund your card in accordance with the provisions below.
The following provisions will apply in respect of all gift vouchers, unless:
(a) the gift voucher is for a specified date or period of performance; or
(b) the gift voucher is for:
- any products made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications;
- any goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly (such as food or fresh flowers);
- any alcoholic beverages where (i) their price has been agreed at the time of the conclusion of the contract; (ii) the delivery of them can only take place after 30 days, and their value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which cannot be controlled by the trader; or
- software, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which you have opened or unsealed,
in which case the gift voucher is non-refundable and non-transferable unless otherwise agreed by Shangri-La Hotels.
You have the right to cancel your order with us starting from the date of the Confirmation email (which is when the contract is formed), until either:
(a) 14 days from the day after the day of receipt of your gift voucher (the "Cancellation Period" if your contract is for one gift voucher; or
(b) 14 days from the day after the day of receipt of the last of the gift vouchers ordered (the "Cancellation Period"), if your contract is for multiple gift vouchers which are delivered on separate days.
If you wish to cancel your order either before or after you receive the gift voucher, you must notify SK Chase within the Cancellation Period that you have decided to cancel the contract. The easiest way to do this is to contact SK Chase in accordance with the complaints and queries section below or you may use the cancellation form which can be accessed by clicking this link, which you can fill out and return to SK Chase by email. If you decide to cancel by email, with or without the cancellation form, your cancellation will be effective from the date you sent SK Chase the email.
Should you cancel the contract within the Cancellation Period, SK Chase will then refund you the price you have paid for the gift voucher(s) within 14 days after the day on which SK Chase receives the notice of cancellation from you (irrespective or not of whether you have received the gift voucher).
This refund will include the delivery charge paid by you (providing (i) you have cancelled your order within the Cancellation Period; or (ii) the gift voucher is faulty or mis-described, in which case SK Chase will refund the delivery charges (if the postal delivery option was chosen). In respect of a refund of the delivery charges paid by you, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (the cost of UK First Class post). If you have already received the gift voucher which you have cancelled, you should destroy it. If SK Chase finds, after SK Chase has received your notice of cancellation, that the gift voucher has been used you shall not be entitled to a refund.
5. How do I order more than 1 gift voucher?
- Simply 'Add to Order' as many gift vouchers as you like by using the 'Continue browsing' button. You can also remove items from your order by using the 'Delete' button.
- If you would like to purchase more than 1 of the same type of gift voucher simply click on the 'Duplicate' button when in your basket.
- You can select different email addresses (but not postal addresses), recipients and personal messages for each of the vouchers in your order. Please follow the on-screen instructions.
6. My gift voucher is about to expire and I haven't used it yet. Will I be able to extend the validity of my gift voucher?
It may be possible for us to extend the validity of your gift voucher, however we cannot guarantee this. Please contact Shangri-La Hotels directly to check if it can offer an extension.
See 'Contact Us' page for our contact details
7. I'm attempting to purchase a gift voucher but have received a failed transaction message ('Payment has not been accepted') at the end of the transaction. What should I do next?
- There could be several reasons why this may be happening. Despite there being sufficient funds in an account banks occasionally decline payments due to it being unusual buying behaviour.
- This can be easily rectified by contacting the bank and advising them that you are trying to make an online purchase.
- Please contact Shangri-La Hotels at (90 212) 275 8888 and email@example.com.
8. I've received my gift voucher but there is a spelling mistake / error on the personal message. Can I get it amended and re-issued?
- Yes, in most cases. Please contact us directly quoting your gift voucher reference number and we will make the necessary amendments and re-issue the gift voucher. The original gift voucher should then be destroyed as it will no longer be valid.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the presentation of your gift voucher please contact Shangri-La Hotels immediately so that we can rectify the situation where possible. Please however be aware that the hotel themselves select and supply the gift voucher stock, so we are limited with what can be achieved.
9. I have received a gift voucher but I don't know who it's from. Can you tell me who bought it for me?
- Yes. Occasionally the person buying the gift voucher may ask for the gift vouchers to be sent to the recipient directly but forget to add who the gift is from.
- Shangri-La Hotels has all of the buyers details stored on our system so it can easily retrieve your order and tell you who purchased the gift voucher.
10. I have received a gift voucher, how do I redeem it?
- Please get in touch with us to book your gift voucher experience. Please use the contact details printed on your gift voucher(s).
11. I've lost my gift voucher. Can I still make a booking / redeem my experience?
Unless otherwise specified under the terms and conditions of your voucher, Shangri-La Hotels, should be able to retrieve your gift voucher on our system by carrying out a name search so please contact Shangri-La Hotels (See 'Contact Us' page).
12. I've received (or purchased) a monetary gift voucher but don't want to use it all in one transaction. Is it possible to receive smaller denomination gift vouchers or to be given another gift voucher(s) with the remaining balance?
All gift vouchers do state that no change will be given however it may be possible for Shangri-La Hotels to re-process the order in smaller denominations so that you can redeem the smaller value vouchers on several occasions rather than one voucher on one occasion.
13. Are you able to provide me with a VAT receipt?
No, I'm afraid that SK Chase cannot supply a VAT receipt nor a VAT invoice.
VAT receipts can only be issued by the hotel, as you have purchased one of their gift vouchers, and not an SK Chase voucher.
If you require a VAT receipt please contact the hotel directly to request this.